TERMS & CONDITIONS
Startup: Lola House of Design will start with your website once we have received all the information and pictures that you would like to be displayed on your website after you have placed your order. Please note that your domain also has to be ready before we can start with your project. PLEASE NOTE that Lola House of Design will not be hosting wesbites anymore. Registration of your domain will be your own responsibility. We recommend that you use Afrihost.
Turnover:Please check with your designer when your website process is scheduled to start. Lola House of Design has a-first come, first serve policy – so we do need to schedule our projects and client meetings in order to have a smooth working system.
Please note that failure to send web content (pictures etc) on time, does not constitute emergency on our part. Rush jobs will be billed additionally and accordingly. Turnover time on average (depending on size and other factors) is around 5 to 60 days from domain registration date.
Content: All info (text) must be sent to us in Word format. Pictures have to be JPEG, GIF or PNG. Pictures and info must not be sent in PDF format. You must ensure that there are no copyright infringements on content and pictures supplied to us to use for your website, as you will be held accountable for any infringements. By accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that there are no copyright infringements and you indemnify Lola House of Design against any claims for any copyright infringement. On acceptance of your quotation – Lola House of Design rightfully assumes that you have read and accept these terms and conditions in full.
Also note that SOCIAL NETWORKS are the sole responsibility of the client – upon requesting social links to other networks from your website, make sure that everything is setup and in working order. (Unless otherwise stipulated in initial agreement)
Since having issues in the past, Lola House of Design will no longer have hosting services available. Please contact Afrihost.
Once a website has been ordered and payment received NO REFUNDS will be made. We guarantee that we will have your website up and ready within a maximum of 60 working days but we cannot design websites without info and without an active domain. If you fail to send your info or if your domain has not been transferred (if applicable) Our 15 working day website completion guarantee starts ONLY once we have received all information and pictures from YOU that you would like to be displayed on your website. You will be notified as soon as we confirmed that we have all the relevant info to start designing your website to confirm that the 15 working day clock is now ticking.The 15 working days guarantee only applies for our basic website design packages, larger websites such as online stores etc may take up to 60 days. Advanced websites time frames will be stated on the quotation/invoice.
Once your website has been completed any alterations or updates will be charged at hourly rates (See RATES).
1.1.5 CONTACT & COMMUNICATION:
Email will be the primary method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Lola House of Design can be contacted by telephone or in person for our local customers, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. Lola House of Design cannot be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. Lola House of Design will acknowledge all emails within a 24 hour period excluding weekend and public holidays. It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Lola House of Design throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for up to 2 months we will make up to 3 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
Lola House of Design will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit the quoted Project fee from the Client. Lola House of Design will then require the remaining 50% when the website goes live. The client will have a total of 3 days grace period to pay the remainder of this fee – failure to do so will result in immediate disablement of your site.
The deposit paid to Lola House of Design covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Lola House of Design. The deposit is non refundable.
1.1.7 SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO) :
Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Lola House of Design does not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines. This is beyond our control. Read more about SEO by typing: How SEO works into your Google search engine. Lola House of Design ONLY installs basic SEO plugin software to all websites.
1.1.8 ON COMPLETION OF WEBSITE :
Once a year, the client will be billed for renewal charges of their domain. When a Client renews Hosting with Lola House of Design , this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew their Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Lola House of Design cannot be held liable for this. Contact your Hosting Service provider about this.
Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the website was ordered by the Client. The Hosting will NOT be done by Lola House of Design and is solely the responsibility of the client him/herself.
On completion of your website Lola House of Design has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. Once the password & username of your site has been handed over to the appointed person in your company – Lola House of Design no longer holds any obligation toward the client for maintenance and management of the content of your site. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s web sites constitute Lola House of Design endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Lola House of Design has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. Lola House of Design provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
Lola House of Design is not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
Lola House of Design makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside South Africa. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of South Africa, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of Southern Africa. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of South Africa. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
1.1.9 USE OF PLUGIN’S WITH SELF HELP OPTION:
- Lola House of Design does include 1 full tutorial on certain Plugin’s in person (limited to certain areas AND PACKAGES, please enquire) in your website rate.
- Lola House of Design does include a printed user manual/ disk containing digital tutorial manuals in the tutorial, for you to keep and use in future. This should come as part of your website package (if you’ve requested the self help option when initial quoting was done)
- For further help and instruction with the SELF HELP option, you may browse through the PLUGIN page on this site. Alternatively you can surf the web on the topics you are looking for to find tutorials and help sources.
- Lola House of Design takes NO responsibility for any errors that may occur after handing over the Log In details of your site to the appointed person in your company. If errors should occur that you are unable fix yourself, and you need the assistance of Lola Designers – you will be billed per hour (see RATES) for extra work done to your site by Lola House of Design.
- Lola House of Design will gladly assist telephonically at our hourly billing rate should you find yourself tangled. These telephonic tutorials/assistances will be charged at hourly rates (See RATES)
- Lola House of Design also has a MANAGING service available for websites – which entails that we update your website content (photos, posts etc) at a monthly rate (packages differ depending on client needs)
- All tutorials MUST be scheduled at least 3 days in advance. Meetings/Telephonic Meetings must be regarded with respect – for your own good – if a meeting is cut short, or our session is interrupted or your designer is left waiting – you will be billed by the hour regardless– even if you’ve only used 15 minutes of an hour. Please note that Designers work on tight schedules and are paid by the hour – if you waste your hour, the designer still needs to be paid.
Startup: Lola House of Design will start with your design once we have received all the information and pictures that you would like to be displayed after you have placed your order. Turnover:Please check with your designer when your project is scheduled to start. Lola House of Design has a-first come, first serve policy – so we do need to schedule our projects and client meetings in order to have a smooth working system.
Please note that failure to send content (pictures etc) on time, does not constitute emergency on our part. Rush jobs will be billed additionally and accordingly. Turnover time on average (depending on size and other factors) is around 5 to 15 days from order placement date.
- Lola Design will provide between 2 or 3 options for you to choose from based on the specs that you’ve provided.
- Once you choose the one you like – you will be entitled to one full set of changes. All changes, spelling errors, colours swaps etc MUST be done at this time. You will then receive another proof -
- NOTE! That any changes made after this, MAY be billed additionally and accordingly.
- Please Refer to sections 1.1.3 & 1.1.6 which are also applicable to GRAPHIC DESIGN by Lola House of Design.
Lola House of Design will commence with printing once your design has been approved in written form – either by email or by signed proof and all the necessary deposits have been paid (please refer to section 1.1.6 above which is also applicable to PRINTING). Turnover:Please check with your designer when your project is scheduled to start. Lola House of Design has a-first come, first serve policy – so we do need to schedule our projects and client meetings in order to have a smooth working system.
Lola House of Design will notify you via email when your project is complete. Typically printing turnover takes between 5 – 10 working days. Please be sure to factor in courier/posting and delivery times also.
Please note that failure to send written approval on time, does not constitute emergency on our part. Rush jobs will be billed additionally and accordingly. Turnover time on average (depending on size and other factors) is around 5 to 10 days from design approval (in written form) date.
- Lola Design will notify you as soon as your order is printed.
- Lola Design will then schedule with you a place/time and date for delivery/pickup or courier –via email or telephone.
- NOTE! That courier/delivery/postage fee’s are not included in the printing fee (your designer will mostly put these extra fee’s separately on your quotation) it is the client’s responsibility to make sure whether this fee is included or not.
- Please make sure that you send the correct address and contact details to Lola House of Design for package delivery.
- Please note that insurance on packages are not included – your designer may give you his option when setting up your courier/delivery.
- Please note that should you fail to take the insurance option, and your package is either: LOST, STOLEN, BROKEN or DAMAGED in any way – Lola House of Design will take no responsibility for any loss of any kind. Once the package leaves our offices – the package becomes the sole responsibility of the client.
- In the event of making use of couriers – Lola House of Design will issue a tracking number to the client – please keep this safe.
Mon – Fri from 9am – 3pm
Public Holidays – Closed
Emergencies: 072 294 3766
Upon making payments – please use your reference number/client code stipulated on your Invoice/Quotation. Alternatively – please email a proof of payment to ensure that we receive your payment.
As mentioned earlier – Rush jobs will be billed accordingly. Please enquire for further info.
Some of our packages include certain sessions with a photographer for product or employee shoots.
However – we can also add this to your custom quote on request – enquire here.